September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Week #76: Is It March Already?

Dear Family,

This week has been a tough one. Just when we thought everything was going good, it all fell down in on our heads and suddenly we didn´t have a teaching group. We had found this super awesome family from Rio de Janeiro, but they told us they weren´t that interested. Thing is, we were so excited to find them, and they told us off so nicely, it was like a dagger to the heart and twisting it round and round and round. Almost destroyed us. They were such a good family, too! I don´t know if I told last week, but I had to teach Gospel Principles, play the organ in sacrament meeting, and give a talk in Sacrament, all last minute. This Sunday, I taught GP and played the organ again. Almost gave a talk, but the bishop decided to give me a break this week and asked somebody else. There is a GP teacher here, but he does whatever he can to get out of it now. Ever since I taught the first time a few weeks ago he thinks, oh, the elders have got it taken care of, and just scoots out of class now. I don´t mind I guess. It helps me to learn the stuff, too. We had zone conference yesterday and President announced the new  {mission} president, but it seems like everybody already knew. News gets around quickly. Oh! I got my package and a bunch of letters, too! That really brought me out of the slump afterwards! Thank you so much to everybodys! One and alls! We have a baptism for a woman named Bina this week. She is super excited now. She has already read the Gospel Principles Manual and is reading in the BoM and praying and stuff. She dropped coffee on the spot and all that Jazz. Speaking of Jazz-->basketball-->BYU--> can somebody send me a bracket for March Madness? We want to do a mission bracket. Just a thought.

Love you all!

-Elder Tenney

{Editor:  And this from a separate email today:} 
Our house got flooded last night in one of the rooms during a rainstorm and my suitcase got wet on the bottom again. Thankfully nothing was permanently damaged. All dried out now.