September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week #92: Internet Slow in Caveman Area

Dear peoples at home,

This week was pretty good. The chapel is a rented building here. New chapel bigger than our stake center will be done in August. No piano here. The area is huge. It used to have 4 missionaries here. Hope it opens up some more. Lots of missionaries coming in. Groups of 16, 19, 17, next one 20. The mission is finally growing as I'm leaving. My comp is "maluco". That means he is crazy. I like him. I have about the same time on the mission as he does {as a} member of the church. I'm teaching him English, too. He has a great attitude and we are getting along well. 

21 June 2011
"Going Away" Conference with Pres and Sister Jayme
(Elder Tenney is in the 3rd row, right behind President Jayme!)

We had a going away conference with President Jayme. I will miss him a lot. I find myself surrounded by my old comps at these meetings. It's pretty cool. OH! I just remembered. Fabio, one of the men I baptized forever ago, is now the Elders Quorum President in Castanheira! I'm so happy for him. Suelen had a baby girl last month, too. It makes the whole mission feel worth it. They are waiting for the Manaus temple to open next year. I talked to a certain sister Hammaker the other day. She gave me Ty´s address out in Spokane. I think I´ll try writing him a letter here in a bit. Today we were going to play football (real football) on the beach next to the temple, but our bus was hit by a car this morning. I took a pic but it's not loading. The car tried turning left on the inside of the bus which was also turning left. He scraped up right under the window where we were at. Basically destroyed our pday. So we went to the city center and looked around. I found out that Elder Fox passed in this area a long time ago. Pretty cool. Well, hope you all are having a most excellent time, being happy, playing nice, eating your veggies, smile!

Loves,
Elder Tenneysan