September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Week #48: Zone Conference & Baptism!

Dear Everyone!

How has life been for you all this week? Mine is going pretty fine, thanks for asking! I´m just going to get straight to it, I ate cow tongue two times this week! It was all right. Really squishy and not much flavor, and still had little tongue hairs sticking out of it, but other than that, it was pretty good. Almost ate the chicken feet, too, but I think I´ll just take it one thing at a time.

So, Acre is covered in smoke right now. There is a lot of stuff burning in Peru, Bolivia and Roraima (state to the side of Acre) and it is all falling here. Yay. Elder Trage and I have been a little sick the past week or so. Stuffy nose and that sort of stuff.

We had zone conference this last week. No interviews, though. At least, Elder Trage and I didn't have them. Just the missionaries that were having problems. So, conference. When I was in the CTM, they had a DVD called, "The District" that helps to understand how to use PMG and do missionary stuff. This last month, the First Presidency and The Quorum of the 12 came out with the latest sequel, "The District 2." Yay!!!!!!

We had ward conference this last Sunday, also. We taught the Gospel Principles class this week on Missionary Work.  It turned out all right.

I officially have 11 months on the mission now. Getting to the mountain top. I can almost see the valley on the other side! Yes, I will say it again as I say it every month: The mission is going by extremely fast.                                

Baptism of 12-year-old Raiara by her brother
14 August 2010

Elder Trage, Raiara, & Elder Tenney
14 August 2010
(She is really really short I know, but believe me, she is 12.
She looks 6, but she is 12. Birth certificate and everything.)

We had a baptism of a 12-year-old young woman who is the sister of one of the few still active returned missionaries here. It was pretty cool because her brother baptised and confirmed her. Touching, I know.

Haven't got the package yet. I think it might be in holding in Manaus at the post office. Maybe there was some inspection it didn't pass. I hope you didn't put treat as abandoned when you sent it. They steal those and say it was impossible to deliver. Kidding. Well... maybe it's true... maybe............

That was basically my week this week. I´ll try to upload a foto or two.

Love all of you tons!

Elder Mitch Tenney