September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week #62: Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Everybody!

I had totally forgotten it was Thanksgiving this week. I´m thankful that you reminded me. I am thankful that Sam got on the Basketball Team. I am thankful that I don´t have a foot fungus as of right now. I am thankful that I stayed in my same area with Elder Ammon this transfer. I am thankful that Christmas is coming up. I am thankful that bread is cheap in Manaus. I am thankful that toilet paper exists here. I am thankful for running water. I am thankful for electricity. I am thankful for a mattress to sleep on. I am thankful for a pillow to rest my head. I am thankful for my clothes. I am thankful for my dying shoes which shall probably be replaced soon. I am thankful for duct tape and how it works to waterproof the before stated shoes. I am thankful for Doctor Scholl´s. I am gellin´. I am thankful for mangos and bananas and apples and oranges and tangerines and açai and cupuaçu and araçá-boi and graviola and macaxeira and pupunha and taperebá and piquiá and tucumã and bacaba and acerola and guaraná and limes and lemons and pears and grapes and watermelon and peaches. I am missing a whole lot of fruits, but I´ll just let it go there. I am ....thankful.... for...... rain........... maybe...... I am thankful for music. Very much. Very very much. Oooooh so much. I am thankful for computers and how I can email home every week. I am thankful for water and water purifiers. I am thankful for baptism, and how the water purifies. I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and how through our faith in Him, miracles can happen. I am thankful for the Holy Spirit, and for its comfort it brings to me in times of trial. I am thankful for my companions, every single one of them, and the things I was able to learn from them. I am thankful for President Jayme and for the counsels he gives to me. I am thankful for my mission leaders and fellow missionaries. I am thankful for prayer, that through it I can speak with Heavenly Father on a constant basis. I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that through Him I can be forgiven of all of my sins, and return to live with Heavenly Father with all of you. I am thankful for my mission, and for the experiences I am having here in the field. I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and the Bible and all other scriptures, and for the teachings that are inside that record that the Prophets left for us and are still giving us in these latter days. I am thankful for the temple, that through the ordinances done there I can be sealed to my family for time and all eternity.

I am thankful for my family, and for all the love and support that they give me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Love,
Elder Tenney

1 comment:

p andersen said...

I am thankful for the warm feeling of the Spirit that filled my soul as I read Elder Tenny's letter. Love him...and his family!