September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week #96: Lucky 7

Dear Family people,

Elder Tenney, Kellen, Elder Eça
Kellen's Baptism
17 July 2011

How are all of you? I am doing great. I feel different now... my last milestone on the mission has passed after last Friday, and I´m starting to get this strange anxious feeling inside. This last week was an extremely long week with the whole "change pday to Monday" thing. It was very weird. But, we are going strong and had a record 8 people in sacrament meeting. The investigators are all going good. This transfer has been one of the fastest ones I have had so far.

We also had a baptism last week of a young woman, Kellen, (18). She is the cousin of Marcileia who I baptized with Elder Gannon forever ago. Small world. I even got Marcileia's number and called her out in Parintins to tell her and catch up. It was cool to talk to her and her husband Ronaldo. They had a baby girl last month. I don´t know why missionary work seemed so hard at the beginning. I think it was just learning how to follow the spirit and teach in a way that others can feel that this stuff we are saying is true. It´s amazing to me to see people who fall away from the church and start going to another church that just opened up a few weeks ago. I almost want to rip what little hair I have left out of my head and say, "Did you never pray to Heavenly Father to ask him if this stuff is true? Why would you go against something like that?" I am so thankful for the power of prayer. Some of the people I have taught have had dreams and visions and warm cuddly feelings. For me, I just don´t have any doubts come into my head. It´s just a simple, straight up fact to me after I pray about something. I feel that it's right, and then I go with it. Never doubt your first impressions. The enemy always comes along to put doubt in you for the second round. Anyways... church is true, y'all. If you don´t believe me, go pray about it. Don´t stop praying until you get an answer, too, because God is there listenin'.  You just gotta be patient enough to get the message back to ya.

Happy Sailings!
Elder Tenney

P.S.  We played football on the Ponta Negra again. Temple is looking awesome. Everyone loved the Swedish fish.

{And from Elder Asa Laws' blog this week: "This week I got a survival package from Elder Tenney... An American flag, Pepto-bismol, and playing cards!!!!!!" It is so nice to know the elders have each other to support them in their work so far from home!}