September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Monday, July 25, 2011

Week #97: "Very Anti-Climactic Ending, But I Like It"

Hello peoples,

Once again, it rained today and so the internet is very very slow and after an hour I have finally managed to get to this part of writing. I think I´m going to try and find a different lan house and check my luck. But, for now...

Well, it´s that time of the year again, where people come and people go, new areas, old areas, new companions, old companions. The trial of faith at venturing into the unknown. As much as I would like to say that I am going into the Amazon Rainforest to find a hidden tribe and convert them all to the gospel after learning their local dialect, I will have to settle with the anti-climactic. The continuing story. The never-ending truth. Or... in other words, I´m staying put here in Nova Cidade with Elder Eça to finish out the fight. I´m actually kind of happy, though. He has been teaching me capoeira and it's actually really fun.

So, this week we have a young man named Gabriel all set up for baptism, and we are working with a few other really good families. Our ward mission leader is most excellent, and working with the ward the frequency has gone up by 30 since I´ve been here. We are hitting around 180 each Sunday in sacrament meeting. I´m happy to have been given a wonderful area and companion here in the final stretch.

We keep going to the center every other week it seems, and I keep buying more junk to bring home. Today was the piranhas. You guys are going to freak out at them. Limited supply. I´m trying to avoid spending here in the last few weeks, but I want to get the weight back that I lost. . . .
 
Well, hope you all are having a great time.  Plan on going to Wingers with me here in a few weeks! I´m craving it! Love y'all!

 -Elder Tenney