September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

30 December '09 Email

I just wrote my first full letter to Presidente Jayme in all Português! foi divertido. (It was fun) I spent a couple hours reading the rest of the letters I got last mission conference this morning and writing back, so there are a couple envelopes heading home with surprises!

PHOTOS!! Just 4 I think, but good ones. And a R$2,00 for Sam I want to trade for $2.00 (Two ones please. Brazilians like to trade for them because they look cool.) I also am sending a R$100,00 for Sam. But the 100 isn´t a real one. Its a mini look-alike. I've only had one real one since I've been here, but I used it to buy a fan.

Oh! I have a new companion now! His name is Elder Seastrand from Holladay, Utah. Yup, another American. At this rate, I don´t think I will ever have a Brazilian companion, besides Elder Sales I was with for the one day that Elder Gannon was gone before transfers. That was a fun day. We deep cleaned our two apartments, more or less.

Our shower isn´t working for some reason right now. Muito chato. (Very annoying).  I managed to get a small stream to come out to shower this morning, but it just doesn't seem to have any pressure in it. Toilet is filling up slowly, too.. I think it may have to do with the giant water tower we can see from our window leaking water profusely at great rates of water.

We don´t really have anything big or exciting planned for today, so I don´t know what we are going to end up doing.

Well, that´s really all I have for today.

Oh! I inherited a lot of stuff from Elder Gannon. I have so many books it's not even funny. It's super cool though.

Ok, that's everything.