September 2009 - September 2011

The Journey from Beginning to End

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week #84: "19"

Dear Family,

How are all you doing? I am doing just great. It´s a little hot these days, but I´m living with it. As usual. This week is the last week of the transfer and I am really wanting to stay here with Elder Amorim. We have a whole lot of work lined up for these next few weeks. I am super excited to see how it all goes down.

We had our baptismal meeting last weekend and it was amazing.

Baptisms of
Fernando, Thacila, Geovana, Pedro,  and Michele
23 April 2011

One Big Family
23 April 2011

There were so many people there, including many family members! One of our baptisms for this week fell because he didn´t go to church this week, but we re-marked him for next week. It has been a long time since I have had a teaching group this big. I think when I was with Elder Seastrand we had one about the same size. It´s nice to have so much to keep us busy. We seem to keep finding new people, too, during our appointments so it´s an ever growing process. The Lord is truly blessing us here in this area.

Easter was cool. Lots of the members gave us chocolate Easter Eggs. I will take a picture of one and send it next week. In all, we have one wedding planned for the 21st this next month, and we are hoping to have some more for the end of the month or beginning of June. Wow... it´s already June. Happy bday, Livvy. :) Ok, maybe it's still a little too early for that. Well, all in all, we are doing just fantastic, and I hope you all are too!

Love,

Mitch

ps- Tell all the ward member folks I said "hi".

{Editor:  "Hi" to all our wonderful ward members! :)  Thanks for reading.  In case you are wondering what the "19" title to this blog entry means....it means only "19 weeks" until Elder Tenney returns home! The countdown has begun - only 3 more transfers! Hurrah!}